Warm Audio WA-84 Sound Like A Legend
The WA-84 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuitry. The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
Large Sound, Small Size
The WA-84 has a very LARGE sound for its small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag transformer in its signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease of design and a lower-cost manufacturing process. When designing the WA-84 we chose to go the extra mile and tackle a more boutique design known for its crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound.
We are proud to offer something special to the market-place by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that we feel sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique tone.
FAITHFUL RECREATION OF A LEGEND
- UTILIZES A CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMER
- DIRECTIONAL PATTERN: CARDIOID
- FULLY DISCRETE VINTAGE-STYLE SIGNAL PATH
- VINTAGE CAPSULE REPRODUCTION
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: MICROPHONE, CARDIOID CAPSULE, SHOCK-MOUNT, MIC CLIP, WINDSCREEN AND CARRYING CASE
- 48V PHANTOM POWERED
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 20HZ – 20KHZ
- SENSITIVITY: -39DB OR 11MV/PA @ 1KHZ
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 200Ω
- RATED LOAD IMPEDANCE: ≥1KΩ
- PAD: 0DB OR -10DB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 123/133DB @ 1KHZ, 0.5% THD, 0/-10DB
- S/N RATIO: 78DBA (IEC651)
- EQUIVALENT NOISE: 16DBA (IEC651)
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 107DBA (IEC651)
- CONNECTOR: 3-PIN GOLD-PLATED XLR
- WEIGHT: 122G EACH
- FINISH: BLACK & NICKEL